By accepting the Policy and the User Agreement during registration, you expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy. This Policy is effective on 01 December 2015 for current users, and immediately upon acceptance by new users.
You can browse the Qstore without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide the Qstore with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on the Qstore’s servers located in the Republic of Korea.
The Qstore may collect and store the following personal information:
• email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
• transactional information based on your activities on the Qstore (such as buying, selling, bidding, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
• postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
• community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through the Qstore, and correspondence sent to us;
• other information from your interaction with our Qstore, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Qstore, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
• additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
• information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
• other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Platform, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information in connection with:
• Provide the services and customer support you request;
• Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
• Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
• Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family;
• Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
• Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies, or third party platforms and services, and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programmes, simply indicate your preferences in My Info or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with:
• Certain 3rd party platforms and services (“3rd Parties”) upon your approval during the registration process, and where necessary for the creation and authentication of corresponding accounts on the said platforms or for the investigation of possible agreement and policy violations.
• Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links(including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups our users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust communication preferences in My Info.
• Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
• Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
• Brand Protection Program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, postal code, country, phone number, email address and company name; and
For the avoidance of doubt, if the Company has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, the Company reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, the Company may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if the Company are of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. The Company shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against the Company for such disclosure.
Using Information from this Qstore
You agree that the Company may share personal information to complete transactions. When you are involved in a transaction, the Company and 3rd Parties may have access to your name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information.
Subject to the terms of this Policy and the Member, the Company shall use user information only for:
• the fulfilment of the transaction through this Qstore and purposes related to the transaction;
• using services offered through Q-store and 3rd Parties (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
• other purposes that a user expressly consents to.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyse our web page flow; customise our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
• Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
• You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
• You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Qstore that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your communication preferences in My Info so we communicate to you as you prefer. To report Qstore-related spam or spoof emails to Qstore, please visit the Security & Resolution Center. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers and letters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
We will never ask for your password by phone or e-mail, so if you receive such an inquiry, please report the incident to the Security & Resolution Center or the Personal Information Manager.
If you access our Qstore from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, a PC room or a library, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from the Qstore, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and close the web browser after using our Qstore
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Qstore. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request to the customer service, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the Republic of Korea. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to other individuals or entities throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Personal Information Manager
The Personal Information Manager is responsible for taking reasonable endeavours to protect user information and preventing unauthorized disclosure. The Personal Information Manager is not responsible for damage or loss of information due to unexpected incident due to hacking or other risks inherent to the network that may occur despite technical safeguards. The Personal Information Manager is not responsible for any dispute arising from the users' posts.
Changes to this Policy
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on this Qstore. All amended terms will automatically take effect upon publication. If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: Qstore. Attn: Personal Information Manager, physical address or using the Contact Us form.